10 Ways to Detoxify Your Body
By Mary Dressler, PhD Natural Medicine Doctor and Advanced Colon Hydro-Therapist
Today there are more toxins in the environment than ever before. Therefore, it is critical to detox your body in order to maintain good health.
Do you have any of the following symptoms: unexplained tiredness, sluggishness, irritated skin, allergies, low-grade infections, mental confusion, menstrual problems, constipation, bloating, sexual dysfunction, or bags under your eyes?
Lighten Your "Toxic Load"
Begin by lightening your toxin load (this refers to the combination of toxins and chemicals that build up in our bodies from environmental exposure, food, lifestyle choices, etc.). It’s easiest to begin with what you do have control over—what you put in your mouth. Stopping the use of alcohol, coffee, cigarettes, refined sugars and saturated fats is a huge step towards better health. These act as toxins in the body and are obstacles to your healing process. Also consider your use of chemical-based household cleaners and personal health care products (cleansers, shampoos, deodorants and toothpastes). There are many chemicals included in these that are harmful to health and contribute to a heavy toxic load. Try to use natural alternatives when possible.
The Vast Benefits of Detoxing
Detoxing improves appearance, regulates sleep patterns, boosts emotional well-being, increases vitality and underlying health, and helps you lose weight. One of the main benefits of detoxing is just how much better you will look and feel, often within just a few days of beginning. Detoxification means cleaning the blood. This is done by removing impurities from the blood in the liver, where toxins are processed for removal. The body also removes toxins through the kidneys, intestines, lungs, lymph and skin.
When your system is compromised and the impurities are not filtered properly, every cell in the body is adversely affected. A detox program can help the body’s natural cleansing process by allowing the organs to rest, which can be done through cleansing. This improves circulation of the blood, stimulates the liver to drive toxins from the body, promotes elimination through the intestines, kidneys and skin, and refuel the body with healthy nutrients.
Don't Forget Stress...
Another deterrent to good health is stress, which triggers your body to release stress hormones into your system. While these hormones can provide the “adrenaline rush” we’ve been taught is necessary to win a race or meet a deadline, in large amounts or sustained over time, they create toxins and slow down the detoxification enzymes in the liver. Yoga, Qigong and meditation are simple yet effective ways to relieve stress by changing your physical and mental reactions to the inevitable stress life brings.
Ten Tips for Detoxifying Your Body
After a proper detoxification program (such as our 10-Day Cleanse), you can continue to cleanse your body daily with the following activities:
1. Eat plenty of fiber, including brown rice and organically grown fresh fruits and vegetables. Beets, radishes, cabbage, broccoli, spirulina, artichokes, chlorella and seaweed are excellent detoxifying foods.
2. Drink at least 8 cups of water a day.
3. Take vitamin C. This helps the body produce glutathione, an amino acid that acts as an antioxidant, a free radical scavenger, and a detoxifying agent.
4. Cleanse and protect the liver by taking herbs such as dandelion root, burdock and milk thistle, as well as drinking green tea.
5. Transform stress by emphasizing positive emotions.
6. Breathe deeply to allow oxygen to circulate more completely through your system.
7. Detox foot spas/foot baths will remove toxins through your pores.
8. Practice hydrotherapy – you can do this by taking a very hot shower for five minutes, allowing the water to run on your back. Follow with cold water for 30 seconds. Do this three times, and then get into bed for 30 minutes.
9. Sweat in a sauna so your body can eliminate waste through perspiration.
10. What is the most important way to detoxify?
Colon Hydrotherapy because it:
Join Our Next 10-Day Cleanse
Call today for your free consultation, (808) 965-6424 or fill out our form and we'll contact you.
Leave a Reply.
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.